Wim is expert at assisting artists to translate their work into fine art print editions. He inserts himself into the work and process of the artist to find technical solutions in order to arrive at a result that is in synch with the artist’s body of work as a whole.
Career highlights include a 8 year stint as master printmaker and studio coordinator at the Frans Masereel Centrum AIR programme in Belgium and working with experts like:
- Graig Zamiello, master printmaker at Two Palms Press (USA).
- Phil Sanders, master printmaker at RobertBlackburn Studios (USA).
- Marnix Everaert, non-toxic printmaking expert at the Academy of Ghent.
- Endi Poskovic (USA).
- Maurice Kahn (Israel) pioneer of non-toxic starch based screen printing.
- Annu Vertanen (Finland).
- Miyayama Hiroaki (Japan).
More broadly, Wim was member of ON AIR, a European Commission think tank and training seminar series on the mobility of artists within the framework of artist-in-residency programmes in the greater Eurozone.
He has worked with printmaking studios as far afield as the University Tsukuba (Japan), the Edinburgh Printmakers Workshop (Scotland), and KOC University (Istanbul) where he was guest lecturer.